View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.me

New extra test build

on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:57 pm
Because of critical bug in last test build i decided to release fix as soon as possible. You can download packaged on website or repository download page.
View user profile

Re: New extra test build

on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:45 pm
Thank you so much for your kindness!
View user profile

on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:20 am
So happy you created a fork to get back the focus, well done. Stick with the original project software engineers not the community marketing spiel of magical features that run on fairy dust.

Last edited by BluePacific on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated sentiment)
Admin

on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 am
Thanks for your feedback. Smile I need it right now. Most of the community has decided to stay with them.
View user profile

Like most developments they go through a shift - think of it as a very positive development.

on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 am
It's early days in the change and you need to give people time to figure out they should stick with the development and fork that is attached to the original vision.

I found it very, very confusing to figure out it's you we should all be sticking with - maybe if there was a little more clarity (in English) I think many others will find there way to you also. As I don't think after reading all the huff & puff of the nonsense you have had to put up, that there wasn't an undertow of another agenda being played out over the last 3-4 years anyway that was destined to see a part in company.

Take solace that I think you are right and I have seen enough software development to know when a community that is made up of 'dreamers + hyper enthusiasts' simply clutching onto a plate of sideways drivers that don't fit the core vision can be trouble - great at getting attention lousy at delivering on realistic added value. And whom often need to be jolted into waking up and getting back to building, in a manner where it's okay to say No. I have never seen one decent piece of software designed by committee to a point where it survives and can then be handed over to a community in spirit. Some are just intolerant of such forth-right thinking or bluster when confronted with No. And frankly what and where are they going to go without your core vision - sideways or treading water with old visions that they seize upon with 10 features here , another 5 over there, 16 for that person who seemed keen and now blows cold, another 400 measures for that prospect whom is linked to three bags of commercial promises, etc, etc, etc. And note it's always the dreamers who quote a bag full of promises or hot irons on the fire and the bank of free effort as collateral, when it was a community in the first place. Know where the rubber meets the road in development - sometimes it's refreshing to get back on track.Take it as a chance to refresh your motivation and drive. It's okay to say No. It's okay to focus. It's okay to map out a smaller future if that focuses development and lets people join whom are maybe closer to your vision. Not those whom stray away from the core of what makes this software special. You.

Cool
Admin

on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am
BluePacific wrote:It's early days in the change and you need to give people time to figure out they should stick with the development and fork that is attached to the original vision.

Yes, you are right. I need to wait.

BluePacific wrote:I found it very, very confusing to figure out it's you we should all be sticking with - maybe if there was a little more clarity (in English) I think many others will find there way to you also.

I made this on purpose. My opponents are very good in talking. Actually right now this is all they can do. I am developer and decided that i should fight with code and product. And this is, i think, what i succesfully doing. I commented my vision in developer blog in russian language. Specially to make less damage to myself. There is no truth in words, but i wanted to describe what i feel.

BluePacific wrote:sideways

Thank you, you added valuable addition to my understanding of what is going on. Yes, that's definitely it. More mature project creates more sideways forces (more opportunities). And i am okay with it. But i am not okay with fact that i must do that stuff. Alone. I said them many times if my vision doesn't cover your request then do it yourself. Prove me that i am wrong and i will happily admit this fact. But no, they want me to do all stuff that i am not interested in. No that's not gonna happen. The sideways are another reason why talking is useless thing. They need one thing and i need another. I expect that close to me people share my vision. Instead they are playing their own play.

BluePacific wrote:Take it as a chance to refresh your motivation and drive. It's okay to say No. It's okay to focus. It's okay to map out a smaller future if that focuses development and lets people join whom are maybe closer to your vision. Not those whom stray away from the core of what makes this software special. You.

You know, you are damn right! I feel great, it is like i returned to past in time. The time where nothing disturbed my vision. I don't spend time and energy on arguing. I have started to gather people around me with the same vision. These are few people, but i enjoy every day speaking with them.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Admin

on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm
I will be straightforward. I have no intention to work with you no matter you say. By comparing to other guys i talked you showed on which side you are. I saw neutral people and you are not one of them. And let's stop discussion here. This is my policy and vision.

Admin

on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm
Very Happy Hope i will not to hear you anymore.

Admin

on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 am
If you want to check your version open Help ->About Valentina window. If you see website address valentinaproject.bitbucket.io you are using my version.

Just to clarify, i don't force anyone to choose one side or another. I want them to know and understand difference between us. Arguing about my decision to leave that community is pointless. Yes, let's just move one. What is done is done. I will not come back.

I don't know, if you people what to know answers about future and my vision just leave them here.

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum